The Spencer Foundation seeks to add a collaborative and creative thinker with a deep commitment to research and education to join its program team. The Foundation’s mission is to invest in education research that cultivates learning and transforms lives. We seek an individual who will be a key player in developing and sustaining Spencer’s research programs and its activities to strengthen the capacity of the education research community.
The successful candidate must be capable of:
- Organizing and participating in the review and evaluation of grant proposals across our programs;
- Coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating activities and outcomes for a portfolio of initiatives or grants;
- Reviewing and responding to grant reports and related correspondence;
- Facilitating review committee meetings and managing an extensive external peer review process;
- Planning and organizing conferences on the emerging research agendas with grantees and other scholars;
- Representing the Spencer Foundation at academic conferences and events;
- Identifying strategic opportunities and supporting foundation initiatives;
- Developing and drafting of materials for public dissemination;
- Supporting the professional development of and working closely with program staff.
Duties also include administrative work related to the management of Foundation programs and program staff, the collection and analysis of data pertaining to program operations, and the preparation of reports for the Foundation’s executive team and for its Board.
- A PhD, EdD or other comparable graduate/professional degree with substantial concentration in education or a related social science field;
- Evidence of strong research and analytic skills, and track record of exemplary scholarly activity;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands and to establish priorities and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a role and requiring collaboration and leadership within an organization, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and diplomacy;
- Experience leading a research project and team.
Salary is dependent upon experience. The Spencer Foundation has excellent benefits, including TIAA/CREF.
The Spencer Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Email a letter of interest and current resume by January 31, 2020 to Kathryn Gray, Director of Personnel and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Director of Personnel
The Spencer Foundation
625 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60611