Title: ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTANT
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Associate Accountant performs a variety of day-to-day accounting activities including reconciliations, fixed asset management, internal and external financial reporting, and budgeting. Supports the work of the CFO and finance team to ensure accurate financial transactions, records, and reporting.
Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred with 3+ years of accounting experience in a nonprofit or private foundation setting with knowledge of GAAP. Experience using computerized accounting systems, solid knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel proficiency a must). Experience with grants management software such as SmartSimple a plus. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and participate as an effective team member in a small office environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage month-end closing and reporting process, account analysis and reconciliations
- Prepare monthly budget vs. actual reports and cash flow analysis
- Maintain the Foundation’s general ledger in compliance with GAAP
- Maintain vendor records and W-9’s
- Manage fixed asset accounting including purchases, depreciation, disposals
- Manage IT software subscriptions, invoicing, and documentation
- Assist in preparation of Board and Finance & Audit Committee materials
- Support annual financial audit fieldwork
- Assist in preparation of 1099’s, 990PF and 5500
- Support maintenance of accounting software and upgrades
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the CFO
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Visual and auditory acuity required.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Professional office environment (3 days per week in office and 2 days remote)
Pay: Commensurate with experience
The Spencer Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Email a letter of interest and current resume by May 6, 2022 to:
Kathryn Gray, Director of Personnel